Wednesday, May 3, 2017

A message from Chris Cotter

I would like to take a moment to thank each and everyone of you for choosing and remaining in a profession which is constantly changing and not always for the better. Your dedication to not only your profession, but to those who matter most, THE CHILDREN, is so appreciated. Having family members in this profession for generations including my sister and daughter, I understand firsthand how important it is for teachers to remain strong during those difficult times. 

As I have stated, the test scores are not what identifies a child. Children are to be taught and pushed beyond what they believe possible. This is what teachers do each and every day. This is why I would like to say thank you to each and everyone of you on this what is teachers appreciation week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you know how hard teaching has become today. I feel that I am not really teaching but just preparing these children for a test. What ever happened to the multiple intelligence theory? Please keep supporting us because you are the only person on the SC who actually GETS it and has the courage to stand up to the bullies! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Loved the---Filled or Unfilled conversation!