Friday, November 8, 2013

I will be taking my concerns to the Mayor and who ever will listen. Submitted by a Parent

Well where do I begin, I guess from the beginning would be nice, so at 9:25 the students at NBHS were evacuated for a suspicious object which happened to be right outside of my daughters classroom.. everyone was safe thank god! 

As I enter the school about and hour and twenty minutes later, my friend asked me who was this lady telling us that we cannot dismiss our children.  She was right in this parents face..it was the superintendent. 

She clearly didn't tell us the truth she kept saying it was a drill no it was not! and she was literally in this parents face and was nasty.

As she was leaving the building she came over to me and I asked if I could chat with her, she once again informed me it was a drill and I asked her to be honest with us, she told me how the first respondents and K-9 and state police were there, which I already knew. 

I let her speak and then I asked if I could speak, she wanted no part of that, I stated I let you speak it is my turn! I told her how the media already new about the bomb scare and asked her how she was going to address that, no answer again..

I told her that now I know why the morale is down between teachers and parents ..you try to intimidate us , and I also told her how involved I am with my children and their education and how dare you speak to parents like this, now you see why parent involvement is down.

I also told her that the morale is down because of you it is to bad that your 90 days on the job have come and gone because you are the wrong person for this job! I feel that this is my CITY I am a TAX PAYER and how dare you come into my City and work and think that you can belittle us or intimidate us as parents..

Honestly parents if you were in that office this morning and saw the interactions she was having with parents please don't be afraid to speak up...I am ashamed that these are the people that are running our schools!! 

Kuddos to the staff at the NBHS you go above and beyond each and every day! 

My rant is over..however I will be taking my concerns to the Mayor and who ever will listen.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that her true colors are shown to all! It's time to take back our school system! As a teacher I love the children I encounter every day. It's not fair that one person can come along and ruin this job for me! There was a time in my life when I couldn't picture doing anything else but lately I find myself looking into other avenues! Good luck approaching the mayor....he's useless!

Anonymous said...

Lying to the public regarding students' safety is a violation. Fun 107 provided full coverage of the events relating to the evacuation, and the thermos of milk suspected of containing a toxic substance, found on the staircase. This is just another example of how deep the deceit and hypocrisy runs through this district.

Anonymous said...

The past eventually catches up the future. This is an ideal time to examine the root causes of many of the underlying issues that led up to these events. We are all guilty to some degree. In order for change to occur, one has to come clean. This is a team effort. Without it, the cycle continues, with or without our superintendent. We lead by example, and our examples have been of a low caliber. This trickles down to perpetuate a toxic environment for teachers and students, alike. We all need some inspiration, but is there anyone out there that can live up to the task? Does integrity still exist in this profession? In some districts, it does, but not here. We are the magnet that attracts what solid districts avoid.

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Anonymous said...

wow is right!! good for that parent.. bad that she had to be treated like that when she was a concerned parent of a student in that school!!

Anonymous said...

I had heard that Pia had altercations with parents but how can you not dismiss a student to their parents? That makes no sense!

Anonymous said...

try working under her and her staff. its like she's programmed them to seek and destroy all rational ideas, intimidate, demean and destroy any type of peace. sad thing is she gets away with is. and i cannot wait until the day when all the sh- finally comes out from under the rug. It's criminal

Anonymous said...

Parents should call WBSM every Wednesday to confront him about the mess this monster has created in our school system. he needs to be held accountable for his silence and refusal to act.

Anonymous said...

I am pleased to here your outrage in regards to this incident. I am writing as a fellow parent of a child in the district but also as a spouse of an educator in the district. It is vital that this incident is made known to the general public. It is deeply disturbing how standard operating procedure of this superintendent is to keep all incidents hush hush. This needs to be exposed and discussed. The Standard Times who has made it exremely clear that they are supporters of the new superintendent must be made aware of the actions taken last week to intentionally mislead concerned parents. It is one thing for this superintendent to abuse her authority in dealing with the city's educators, it is another to show no understanding or courtesy to concerned parents during an obvious emergency situation. I encourage you to share your story to all in an attempt to let the citizens of this city be made aware of the new superintendent's genuine disregard for the students, their parents, and the teachers of the district she was hired to lead.

Anonymous said...

It will get worse. I worked under that woman for several years. Get used to being treated like a robot, do not question her authority and forget how to think for yourself. Start collecting data and buy her out! I do not envy you.

Anonymous said...

Bravo to the parent!