Thursday, December 19, 2013

My apologies to the NBHS staff who unfairly were left in a precarious position after the Monday meeting ... Submitted by a member

I attended the Friday meeting but was unable to attend the Monday meeting due to some obligations. That said, I will be attending and speaking at the January 13th meeting. Thank you to all my brother and sister union members who did attend this meeting. We all need to take a turn and attend. My apologies to the NBHS staff who unfairly were left in a precarious position after the Monday meeting. Please know that at the elementary level (at least in my building), we are stunned and supporting you. We know that it could one day be us and are determined to support our union members by whatever means is decided by the union. I know I will be contacting all businesses that I am a patron of, to ask them to either pull their ads or lose a customer. It may work, it may not but I will stand with our UNION. We must all stand together and act as a whole. Let not one individual be more important or benefit in some way. Newer teachers, please remember that we know you are worried about your jobs. As veteran teachers, we are seriously worried about ours. Do not judge these NBHS employees because they lost their job, not because of individual performance records but by the mere few who decided to cut them loose. These teachers are in good standing. Support them. It could most certainly be YOU someday! 

5 comments:

Book Lady said...

I could not agree with you more

Anonymous said...

I agree the teachers in the district should and must support everyone. Perhaps today everything is OK, however, that is the present which is a given the future,however, is a complete unknown and things can change at the drop of a hat. If in the future things at your school go south, then and only then, will you want the same support.

Stand together and united.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why we are all laying down and taking this. I am a middle school teacher and am ready, willing and able to support my fellow teachers at all levels, especially the folks mistreated at the High School level. As soon as the Christmas break is over, we need to act!! WE have to pull together and make something happen. The mayor, the Superintendent and the School Committee do not care, so we need to look elsewhere for help. Let's get some ideas going for the sake of our jobs and our students.

Anonymous said...

Where is Paul Toner and the MTA in all this? Teamsters would be shutting down all deliveries right now... just saying

Anonymous said...

There is not ONE teacher who is safe from this evil, calculating, cunning woman. She will pounce on anyone. It's what feeds her sick ego. I bet she sleeps well at night, too.