Sunday, December 22, 2013

Your feedback:

Standard Times - Bob Unger


"How can you fire hundreds of teachers with no remorse based on a study that used only nine schools?" - Submitted to NBEA

"I've read this particular piece at least 20 times since 5 am. I have devoted my life to this school and with a few words people like Mr Unger flush my life's work down the sewer. What he is saying is that since parents who are neglecting their responsibility cannot be touched ( they vote and purchase newspapers), it is acceptable to place all the blame on teachers. Compassion is dead... And the pulse of justice is growing faint." - Submitted to NBEA

"I won't be contributing to the Neediest Families Fund again." - Submitted to NBEA


Shawmut Diner -  Phil Paleologos


 "When was the last time Phil taught, if ever?!!!

Q. When was the last time, if ever, Phil attended a School Committee meeting? 
A. I haven't seen him at any of the meetings I've attended.

Q. What great ingredient does Phil have for turning around our school district? 
A. Bashing Lou and the teachers on his talk radio program.

Q. What secret recipe does Phil have for making the students want to get an education and stop bullying other students and faculty?
A. It's a secret recipe and he is not sharing it with anyone." - Submitted to NBEA


"I'll never eat at the Shawmut Diner again and I'll certainly not patronize any of the sponsors on his radio program." - Submitted to NBEA

United Way - Michelle Hantman


"I have been donating to the United Way with an automatic payroll deduction for over 20 years...I will no longer trust that they know better where my money should go to help. I am a teacher and a good citizen/helper. If they can't help the helpers....I'm DONE!" - Submitted to NBEA


"I will also be stopping my contribution to the united way and giving to the Salvation Army. I think we should also ask our other brothers and sisters of other unions to join us..police fire etc....." - Submitted to NBEA

"Cancelling my donations and advising EVERY PERSON I know that donates there to do the same. - Submitted to NBEA


Nicholas Christ, President & CEO of BayCoast Bank


 "Contacting family and friends to close their accounts at Bay Coast Bank. Not sure these clowns knew what they were in for!!!" - Submitted to NBEA

“Does this guy even live in New Bedford or have kids who attend our schools? I doubt it. I'm telling everyone I come in contact with to never do business with this bank.” - Submitted to NBEA



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unger--with the readership down, should the S-T blame their reporters and fire half of them?

Paleologos--when did you become an education expert? Stick with what you "think" you know best whatever that may be but certainly not education.

United Way, BayCoast Bank, First Citizens' Federal Credit Union--when was the last time you taught, if ever? How many NBHS graduates have you hired? If you have NBHS employees on your staff, we must have given them the education and skills needed to perform their job.

Anonymous said...

Paleologos, stick to frying your eggs at your greasy spoon!

Anonymous said...

I have no problem with Phil, he is just terrible at what he does. The only reason the station must keep him aboard is he's cheap or free advertisement without advertising. What else can it be?

My suggestion is don't tune in or frustrate yourself with a call. The chances of going on-air are virtually nil away.

Your time is better spent on lesson preparation.

Anonymous said...

I refuse to listen to WBSM anymore. It's not worth getting aggravated by the stupidity that occurs during Phil's show.

Anonymous said...

I find it very interesting that Steve Urbon, Bob Unger and others at the S-T enjoy reading this blog daily and printing quotes from it in the various articles and editorials. News worthy stories sell papers!