If you can testify, let us know (at firstname.lastname@example.org). Even if you can't come, you can still make a cellphone video or put your story in writing and we will get it to the legislators.
- Monday, June 8, is "Less Testing, More Learning" sticker day.Teachers, students and parents will be wearing "Less Testing, More Learning" stickers. If you have one, be sure to put your Less Testing, More Learning bumper sticker on by then, make a "Less Testing, More Learning" lapel pin for the day and stay tuned for information about how to get campaign stickers.
- Tuesday, June 9: Contact Your Legislator Day. Visit, call, email and explain why, including from you and your students' or children's personal experiences, we need less testing, more learning and no high stakes. The personal experiences of parents, students and educators provide crucial information. (If you don't know the name and contact information for your legislators, clickhere.)
- Wednesday, June 10: Social Media Day and PARCC hearing day: Use Facebook, Twitter and other social media to get out the word. If you can, attend the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education hearing on PARCC testing at Bridgewater State University and speak in public comment about how high-stakes testing harms children and schools.
- Thursday, June 11: Public Speak-Out Day. Attend the Education Committee hearing at the State House if possible. Later that same day, come to the Boston Education Justice Alliance "Schools Our Communities Deserve" campaign launch at Madison Park High School, 4:30 to 7 p.m. Click here for more information. (Stay tuned for more information about regional events that day and evening.)
- Friday, June 12: Union Solidarity Day. Union members will be wearing union colors to work as a show of union pride and solidarity.